Basic Set of Environment Statistics
The Basic Set of Environment Statistics is a comprehensive, but not exhaustive, set of statistics designed to support countries developing national environment statistics programmes by helping them make decisions on priorities for statistical development. It is embedded in the FDES 2013 and consists of 458 individual statistics organized into the structure of the FDES (components, sub-components and topics). The Basic Set is divided into three tiers, based on the level of relevance, availability and methodological development of the statistics:
- Tier 1, corresponding to the Core Set of Environment Statistics, includes 100 statistics which are of high priority and relevance to most countries and have a sound methodological foundation. It is recommended that countries consider producing them in the short-term.
- Tier 2 includes 200 environment statistics which are of priority and relevance to most countries but require greater investment of time, resources or methodological development. It is recommended that countries consider producing them in the medium-term.
- Tier 3 includes 158 environment statistics which are either of lower priority or require significant methodological development. It is recommended that countries consider producing them in the long-term.
Basic Set of Environment Statistics:
* The translations have been provided voluntarily by institutions external to the United Nations
Climate Change Statistics
- Basic Set of Environment Statistics
- FDES 2013 brochure
- Blueprint for Action
- Environment statistics compendia
- Environment Statistics Self-Assessment Tool
- Framework for the Development of Environment Statistics (FDES 2013)
- SDG indicators + Basic Set (FDES) matrix
- Manual on the Basic Set of Environment Statistics
- Expert Group on Environment Statistics