United Nations Statistical Commission
Overview 50th Session (2019) Side Events
Innovations in Gender Data
- Wednesday, 6 MAR 2019
- 1:15 – 2:30 pm
- Conference Room 7
The United Nations Statistics Division (UNSD), in collaboration with Data2X and UN Women, is organizing this panel discussion to present recent innovations in gender data to key partners from national statistical offices, civil society, relevant international organizations and the statistical community.
- Data2X will highlight the growing importance of time use data to inform policymaking and fill data gaps, in particular in women's and girls' time spent on unpaid work.
- UNSD will present its new initiatives on (i) modernizing time use data collection/use including on unpaid domestic and care work and (ii) measuring asset ownership from a gender perspective: findings from the EDGE Project.
- The national statistical offices of Kenya and Uganda will report on the progress achieved in improving gender data under UN Women's flagship programme Making Every Woman and Girl Count.
- Francesca Grum, Chief of Social and Gender Statistics Section, UNSD
- Haoyi Chen, Statistician, UNSD
- Mayra Buvinic, Senior Fellow, Data2X
- Matthew Collins Omondi, Kenya National Bureau of Statistics
- Harumi Shibata Salazar, Statistician, UNSD
- Ronald Ssombwe, Acting Director of Statistical Coordination Services, Uganda Bureau of Statistics