Fourteenth meeting of the IAEG-SDGs
The fourteenth meeting of the Inter-agency and Expert Group on Sustainable Development Goal Indicators (IAEG-SDGs) will be held in person from 23 to 25 October 2023 at the CPH Conference-DGI Byen in Copenhagen, Denmark.
This meeting will follow the same format as previous in-person IAEG-SDG meetings. There will be a members-only meeting taking place during the first day (23 October) and plenary sessions taking place during the next two days (24 - 25 October). During the plenary session, all countries, international and regional agencies and entities, and other stakeholders are invited to register to attend.
The IAEG-SDGs was established by the Statistical Commission at its 46th session to develop an indicator framework for the monitoring of the Goals and targets of the 2030 Agenda for sustainable development at the global level, and to support its implementation.
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED. The registration period to attend in person was from 16 August to 1 September 2023. Due to space limitations, not everyone was accepted. Approved registrants have been notified.
Note: Neither UNSD nor Statistics Denmark offer supporting funds to facilitate the travel of participants. Attendance must therefore be completely self-financed, including travel, accommodation and any other related expenses.
Resources for participants
Plenary sessions agenda (PDF)List of participants (PDF)Information note for participants (PDF)Plenary session Youtube livestream and recordings (all Copenhagen time):
- Day 1, morning session (Tuesday, 24 October 2023, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.)
- Day 1, afternoon session (Tuesday, 24 October 2023, 1:15 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.)
- Day 2, morning session (Wednesday, 25 October 2023, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.)
- Day 2, afternoon session (Wednesday, 25 October 2023, 1:15 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.)
Agenda item 2.
Updates on the High-Level Political Forum, SDG Summit, HLG-PCCB and the SDG Reports 2023
- a. The Sustainable Development Goals Report 2023: Special Edition and Progress chart (PDF)
- b. High-Level Political Forum and Voluntary National Review labs (PDF)
- c. SDG Summit and High-level Impact Initiative on Data (PDF)
- d. High-Level Group on Partnership, Coordination and Capacity Building for Statistics for the 2030 Agenda (HLG-PCCB) and UN World Data Forum in Hangzhou (PDF)
Agenda item 3.
Working groups and task team of the IAEG-SDGs
Agenda item 4.
Data availability review, refinements and metadata review of the SDG indicators
- a. Data availability review - tier reclassification and refinements (PDF)
- b. Finalization of metadata sub-group work and outstanding metadata by agencies (PDF)
- c. UNODC indicators metadata updates for review (PDF)
- d. Indicator 17.18.1 finalization update (PDF)
- e. Indicator for target 11.c proposal (PDF)
Agenda item 5.
Implementation, monitoring and reporting on the SDGs
- a. Monitoring of SDGs in India: Best Practices (PDF)
- b. Implementation and reporting on SDGs (PDF)
- c. Innovative experiments for enhancing SDG monitoring in the Pacific (PDF)
- d. Measuring Migration in SDGs - towards better data availability and policy relevance (PDF)
- e. EU SDG monitoring - the annual indicator review process (PDF)
- f. Assessing global progress on peaceful, just and inclusive institutions (PDF)
Agenda item 6.
Lessons learned on SDG Monitoring and Looking Ahead
Agenda item 7.
2025 Comprehensive Review
- a. IAEG-SDGs (PDF)
- b. Proxy indicators/ FAO proposal for a proxy of SDG indicator 2.4.1 on "productive and sustainable agriculture" (PDF)
- c. CCSA reflections/consolidated opinion (PDF)
Agenda item 8.
Data disaggregation and inclusive data
- a. Collaborative on Citizen Data (PDF)
- b. Enhancing visibility of refugees, IDPs and stateless persons in the SDGs: new resources and guidance (PDF)
- c. Progress on Children's Well-being (PDF)
- d. The SDG Gender Snapshot 2023 (PDF)
- e. Child Atlas (PDF)
Agenda item 9.
Lighting talks on e-learnings, publications and other announcements
- a. Small Area Estimation E-learning (PDF)
- b. Population Data Portal (PDF)
- c. Inclusive data and persons with disabilities (PDF)
- d. Leave No One Behind Partnership: Making Voices Heard and Count (PDF)
- e. Edward Elgar book on Interlinkages between the Sustainable Development Goals (PDF)
Agenda item 10.
Data partnership and capacity development for SDGs
- a. Partnership, monitoring at the subnational level and CBMS (PDF)
- b. Data for Now (PDF)
- c. State of SDGs measurement in Africa (PDF)
- d. Science and the SDGs - Nature's project to boost awareness of the Goals among researchers (PDF)
- e. Global Network of Institutions for Statistical Training (GIST): UN SDG:Learn and Statistical Training Assessment Tool (PDF)
- f. Capacity development needs assessment (PDF)
Agenda item 11.
Data innovations and initiatives for SDGs
- a. AI and Machine Learning and SDG Monitoring (PDF)
- b. UN Data Commons for the SDGs (PDF)
- c. Big Earth Data in support of environmental SDG indicators (PDF)
- d. SDG Atlas (PDF | Video clip)
- e. Innovation in exchanging and disseminating FAO SDG data: the FAO DATA Explorer (PDF)
Agenda item 12.
Workplan and next steps (PDF)
Agenda item 13.