Thirteenth meeting of the IAEG-SDGs
The thirteenth meeting of the Inter-agency and Expert Group on Sustainable Development Goal Indicators (IAEG-SDGs) was held in person from 7 to 9 November 2022 at the UN Conference Centre (UNCC) in Bangkok, Thailand. This was the first in-person meeting of the IAEG-SDGs since October 2019 in Addis Ababa.
This meeting followed the same format as the previous in-person IAEG-SDG meetings. There was a members meeting that took place during the first day (7 November) and plenary sessions during the next two days (8 - 9 November). For the plenary session, all countries, international and regional agencies and entities, and other stakeholders were invited to register to attend.
The IAEG-SDGs was established by the Statistical Commission at its 46th session to develop an indicator framework for the monitoring of the Goals and targets of the 2030 Agenda for sustainable development at the global level, and to support its implementation.
Resources for participants
Plenary sessions provisional agenda (PDF) (as of 03 November 2022)Information note for participants (PDF)List of participants (PDF) (as of 23 November 2022)Plenary session Youtube livestream and recordings (all Bangkok time):
- Day 1, morning session (Tuesday, 8 November 2022, 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.): https://youtu.be/m4cdpoQb3II
- Day 1, afternoon session (Tuesday, 8 November 2022, 2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.): https://youtu.be/4marHg3PQNk
- Day 2, morning session (Wednesday, 9 November 2022, 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.): https://youtu.be/Jbmd7WJz_dQ
- Day 2, afternoon session (Wednesday, 9 November 2022, 2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.): https://youtu.be/WYVQa923r4o
Meeting Report (PDF)
Agenda item 2.
Updates on the High-Level Political Forum and SDG Global Reports
Agenda item 3.
Update on the work of the High-Level Group on Partnership, Coordination and Capacity Building for Statistics for the 2030 Agenda (HLG-PCCB) (PDF)
Agenda item 4.
Update on UN World Data Forum 2023 (PDF)
Agenda item 5.
Update of the revamped SDG global indicator database website (PDF)
Agenda item 7.
Update on the working groups of the IAEG-SDGs
Agenda item 8.
Data availability review of the SDG indicators and corresponding updates to the tier classification (PDF)
Agenda item 9.
Refinements of the global SDG framework: review of proposals (PDF)
Agenda item 10.
Agenda item 11.
2025 Comprehensive Review (PDF)
Agenda item 12.
Implementation, monitoring and reporting on SDGs (including national/regional/global SDG reporting)
- a. Use of SDGs for Green Deal, Ecological Transition Plan and New National Strategy (PDF)
- b. Estimating conflict-related deaths for SDG 16.1.2 and strengthening national data collection for SDG 16.10.1 (PDF)
- c. Improve the coordination of NSSs for effective data flow for SDG monitoring (PDF)
- d. The Short and Winding Road to 2030, OECD countries' progress towards the SDGs (PDF)
- e. Progress made in SDGs reporting using mobile app (PDF)
Agenda item 13.
Data disaggregation and inclusive data
- a. Enabling statistical inclusion of refugees and IDPs: developing new guidance and investing in capacity development (PDF)
- b. Gender and Environment Data Alliance (GEDA) (PDF)
- c. Citizen Generated Data (PDF)
- d. Data Disaggregation for SDG Monitoring in Malaysia (PDF)
- e. Inclusive data and the SDGs: a focus on disability data gaps and solutions (PDF)
Agenda item 14.
Data innovations and initiatives for SDGs
- a. Monitoring survey-based indicators with the SDG 16 Survey (PDF)
- b. Supporting SDG monitoring - the work of the Inter-Secretariat Working Group on Household Surveys (PDF)
- c. Applications of Earth Observations to SDG Monitoring in Japan (PDF)
- d. The use of satellite imagery and air-pollution stations for producing selected SDG data (PDF)
- e. Data innovation in Data For Now initiative (PDF)
Agenda item 15.
Capacity development for SDGs
- a. Testing UNECE tool for beneficiary countries for capacity building assessment (PDF)
- b. SDG monitoring and reporting resources: Good practices wiki, SAE, Data storying telling and VNRs (PDF)
- c. UN SDG:Learn (PDF)
- d. Implementation of the SDGs Geospatial Roadmap (Storymap)
- e. UNSD -FCDO project on SDG monitoring (PDF)
Agenda item 16.
Workplan and next steps (PDF)
- 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
- SDGs Database
- 2025 Comprehensive Review Process NEW
- Survey on the Implementation of the Cape Town Global Action Plan for Sustainable Development
- SG's progress report 2022
- Statistical Annex 2022
- SDGs report 2022
- Gender Snapshot 2022
- SDG Progress Chart 2022
- Hangzhou Declaration
- Bern Data Compact
- Cape Town Global Action Plan for Sustainable Development Data
- Dubai Declaration
- Global data community's response to Covid-19
- Statistical Commission