High Level Forum on Official Statistics
Dialogue towards the UN World Data Forum
- Tuesday, 7 MAR 2016
- 3:00 – 6:00pm
- Conference Room 4
Meeting organized by the United Nations Statistics Division (UNSD)
The webcast recording of this event is available here
As part of the programme of events at the Statistical Commission, this year's High-level Forum on Official Statistics will take place on Monday, 7 March 2016, from 3pm to 6pm.
The High-level Forum on Official Statistics will provide an opportunity for the official statistics community to engage and exchange ideas with prominent representatives from governments, international organizations, academia, civil society and other stakeholders, in preparation of the upcoming UN World Data Forum, to be held later this year under the auspices of the Statistical Commission.
The organization of a UN World Data Forum was one of the main recommendations of the Secretary-General's Independent Expert and Advisory Group on Data Revolution for Sustainable Development, and was recognized as a suitable platform for intensifying cooperation on data for sustainable development with multiple stakeholders, including information technology professional, geospatial information managers, data scientists, data users, as well as members from civil society.
- Mr. José Rosero, Executive Director, National Institute of Statistics and Census of Ecuador (INEC)
- H.E. Ms. Irene Susan B. Natividad, Deputy Permanent Representative and Charge d'Affaires, Permanent Mission of The Philippines to the United Nations
- H.E. Mr. Juan Sandoval-Mendiolea, Deputy Permanent Representative of Mexico to the United Nations
- Mr. Lenni Montiel, Assistant Secretary-General for Economic Development, UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs
- Ms. Carmen Barroso, Director, International Planned Parenthood Federation, Western Hemisphere Region (IPPF/WHR)
- Ms. Gabriella Vukovich, President, Hungarian Central Statistical Office
- Mr. Ted Bailey, Chief Executive Officer, Founder and Chairman, Dataminr
- Mr. Robert S. Chen, Director, Center for International Earth Science Information Network (CIESIN),The Earth Institute, Columbia University
- Mr. Kumar Navulur, Director of Next Generation Products in Labs, DigitalGlobe
- Ms. Judith Randel, Co-founder and Executive Director, Development Initiatives