The United Nations Committee of Experts on Business and Trade Statistics (UNCEBTS) was established by the United Nations Statistical Commission at its 50th session in March 2019. Within the broader context of an integrated economic statistics framework, the objective of the Committee is to strengthen the basic business statistics needed for the overall improvement of economic statistics and for responding to emerging needs. In order to achieve this objective, the programme of work of the Committee focuses on the following five strategic areas: coordination, methodology and concepts; capacity-building; data; and communication.
Bureau of the UNCEBTS
The Bureau was established to assist the Committee with the day-to-day management of its programme of work and the projects under its responsibility. Current members of the Bureau include ISTAT (Chair), Statistics Netherlands, Statistics Canada, INEGI Mexico, Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics, UK Office for National Statistics, Eurostat, OECD, and UNSD.
- Minutes of the Bureau meetings
Report to the United Nations Statistical Commission
The UNCEBTS regularly reports progress on its programme of work to the United Nations Statistical Commission.
- Business Dynamics, Demography, and Entrepreneurship
- Capacity Building
- Exhaustive Business Registers
- Globalization and Digitalization
- Well-being and Sustainability
- Fifth meeting of UNCEBTS (Virtual), New York, USA, 6-9 September 2022
- Fourth meeting of UNCEBTS (Virtual), New York, USA, 23-24 June & 7-8 July 2021
- Special Meeting on the Impact of COVID-19 on Business and Trade Statistics (Virtual) , 16 - 18 June 2020
- Second meeting of UNCEBTS, New York, USA, 11 - 13 June 2019
- First meeting of UNCEBTS, Mexico City, Mexico, 23 - 25 May 2018