The metadata available in this repository is a work in progress. It reflects the latest reference metadata information provided by the UN System and other international organizations on data and statistics for the Tier I and II indicators in the global indicator framework. This repository will be further updated and periodically reviewed in cooperation with the respective data compilers.
- Official list of Global Sustainable Development Goal indicators
- Tier Classification for Global SDG Indicators
- Previous Work Plans for Tier III Indicators (archive)
- Metadata for initially proposed indicators (archive)
Metadata update process:
Methodology for indicators is expected to update from time to time. For any metadata updates that include significant changes (detailed in the form below), the IAEG-SDGs will review the changes during its member meetings based on the update request form (see below) and track change metadata provided. Custodian agencies will also be invited to attend an upcoming IAEG-SDG member meeting to present on the proposed changes and answer any questions.
As requested by the IAEG-SDGs, custodian agencies must provide their metadata update request documents at least one month in advance of their next scheduled meeting to allow for sufficient time for review. Depending on the time of submission and the next IAEG-SDG member meeting, the timeline for review and approval can span up to 12 weeks or more. Therefore, it is important to provide submissions as soon as they are available. Please note that no data are published in the Global SDG Indicators Database until the corresponding metadata is approved by the IAEG-SDGs.
Please see below the projected stages and timeline.
To get started, custodian agencies are requested to:
- Download the metadata Word file for the indicator from the metadata repository (below) and edit the Word file in track changes to show the requested changes.
- Custodian agency downloads and completes the “Metadata update request form” (below) and sends the request package to email@example.com.
Goal 5. Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
Target 5.a: Undertake reforms to give women equal rights to economic resources, as well as access to ownership and control over land and other forms of property, financial services, inheritance and natural resources, in accordance with national laws
- Indicator 5.a.1: (a) Proportion of total agricultural population with ownership or secure rights over agricultural land, by sex; and (b) share of women among owners or rights-bearers of agricultural land, by type of tenure
- Indicator 5.a.2: Proportion of countries where the legal framework (including customary law) guarantees women’s equal rights to land ownership and/or control