The metadata available in this repository is a work in progress. It reflects the latest reference metadata information provided by the UN System and other international organizations on data and statistics for the Tier I and II indicators in the global indicator framework. This repository will be further updated and periodically reviewed in cooperation with the respective data compilers.
- Official list of Global Sustainable Development Goal indicators
- Tier Classification for Global SDG Indicators
- Previous Work Plans for Tier III Indicators (archive)
- Metadata for initially proposed indicators (archive)
Metadata update process:
Methodology for indicators is expected to update from time to time. For any metadata updates that include significant changes (detailed in the form below), the IAEG-SDGs will review the changes during its member meetings based on the update request form (see below) and track change metadata provided. Custodian agencies will also be invited to attend an upcoming IAEG-SDG member meeting to present on the proposed changes and answer any questions.
As requested by the IAEG-SDGs, custodian agencies must provide their metadata update request documents at least one month in advance of their next scheduled meeting to allow for sufficient time for review. Depending on the time of submission and the next IAEG-SDG member meeting, the timeline for review and approval can span up to 12 weeks or more. Therefore, it is important to provide submissions as soon as they are available. Please note that no data are published in the Global SDG Indicators Database until the corresponding metadata is approved by the IAEG-SDGs.
Please see below the projected stages and timeline.
To get started, custodian agencies are requested to:
- Download the metadata Word file for the indicator from the metadata repository (below) and edit the Word file in track changes to show the requested changes.
- Custodian agency downloads and completes the “Metadata update request form” (below) and sends the request package to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Goal 10. Reduce inequality within and among countries
Target 10.7: Facilitate orderly, safe, regular and responsible migration and mobility of people, including through the implementation of planned and well-managed migration policies
- Indicator 10.7.1: Recruitment cost borne by employee as a proportion of monthly income earned in country of destination
- Indicator 10.7.2: Number of countries with migration policies that facilitate orderly, safe, regular and responsible migration and mobility of people
- Indicator 10.7.3: Number of people who died or disappeared in the process of migration towards an international destination
- Indicator 10.7.4: Proportion of the population who are refugees, by country of origin