The metadata available in this repository is work in progress. It reflects the latest information provided by the UN System and other international organizations in preparation for the Secretary-General's annual report on "Progress towards the Sustainable Development Goals" (E/2016/75), and will be further completed and reviewed in cooperation with the respective data compilers.
- Metadata for SDG indicators where data are yet to become available (as of February 2017)
- Revised list of global Sustainable Development Goal indicators
- Tier Classification for Global SDG Indicators
- Work Plans for Tier III Indicators (as of 03 March 2017)
- Metadata for initially proposed indicators (archive)
Please send your feedback and suggestions for improvements to email@example.com.
Goal 15. Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss
Target 15.1: By 2020, ensure the conservation, restoration and sustainable use of terrestrial and inland freshwater ecosystems and their services, in particular forests, wetlands, mountains and drylands, in line with obligations under international agreements
- Indicator 15.1.1: Forest area as a proportion of total land area
- Indicator 15.1.2: Proportion of important sites for terrestrial and freshwater biodiversity that are covered by protected areas, by ecosystem type
Target 15.4: By 2030, ensure the conservation of mountain ecosystems, including their biodiversity, in order to enhance their capacity to provide benefits that are essential for sustainable development
- Indicator 15.4.1: Coverage by protected areas of important sites for mountain biodiversity
- Indicator 15.4.2: Mountain Green Cover Index