Eighth meeting of the IAEG-SDGs
The eighth meeting of the Inter-agency and Expert Group on Sustainable Development Goal Indicators (IAEG-SDGs), will be held from 5 to 8 November 2018 in Stockholm, Sweden. The meeting will be hosted by Statistics Sweden.
This meeting will follow the same format as the previous IAEG-SDG meeting. There will be a Members meeting taking place during the first day (5 November) and a Plenary Session taking place during the following three days (6 - 8 November). During the plenary session, all countries, international and regional agencies and entities, and other stakeholders are invited to attend.
The IAEG-SDGs was established by the Statistical Commission at its 46th session to develop an indicator framework for the monitoring of the Goals and targets of the 2030 Agenda for sustainable development at the global level, and to support its implementation.
- Review the tier classification
- Discuss the implementation plan for data flows and case studies on data flows for SDGs
- Review Tier III work plans and updates
- Review timeline and process for 2020 comprehensive review and additional indicators
- Discuss progress made on the work stream on data disaggregation
- Share experiences on implementing monitoring of the SDGs
- Other related issues