Fifth meeting of the IAEG-SDGs
The fifth meeting of the Inter-agency and Expert Group on Sustainable Development Goal Indicators (IAEG-SDGs), will be held from 28 to 31 March 2017 in Ottawa, Canada. The meeting will be hosted by Statistics Canada.
This meeting will follow the same format as the 4th IAEG-SDG meeting, with a Members meeting taking place during the first two days (28 - 29 March) and a Plenary Session taking place during the second two days (30 - 31 March). During the plenary session, all countries, international and regional agencies and entities, and other stakeholders are invited to attend.
The IAEG-SDGs was established by the Statistical Commission at its 46th session to develop an indicator framework for the monitoring of the goals and targets of the 2030 Agenda for sustainable development at the global level, and to support its implementation.
- Present the updated tier system
- Discuss the role of custodian agencies
- Discuss the strategy to address those indicators that remain without a custodian agency and/or a work plan
- Review work plans for tier III indicators and the proposals for new concepts and definitions and develop a mechanism to ensure completion of work
- Present the IAEG-SDG work plan on data disaggregation
- Present the timeline for finalizing the proposals on possible additional indicators
Application for participation of stakeholders from civil society, academia and private sector
UN DESA Statistics Division is facilitating a nomination process to identify representatives from civil society organizations, academia and the private sector to attend the plenary session of the 5th meeting of the Inter-agency and Expert Group on SDG Indicators, taking place in Ottawa, Canada from 30-31 March 2017.
A volunteer Stakeholder Selection Committee will be set up to ensure broad and inclusive participation in the selection of stakeholder candidates. The committee will review all applications received through this process and determine a list of approximately 50 candidates to attend the plenary session of the Meeting. For more information about the mandate and the work programme of the Committee, click here . Apply for the Committee here by 17 February 2017. Please note that members of the Committee cannot be considered to attend the meeting.
To apply to attend the meeting and for more information about the application requirements, please visit here. The deadline for application to attend is 22 February 2017.
- Stakeholder Selection Committee: 17 February 2017
- Application to attend the meeting: 22 February 2017
Apply for the Stakeholder Selection Committee here: http://bit.ly/IAEG5-StakeholderSC-Apply
Submit applications to attend the meeting here: http://bit.ly/IAEG5-Stakeholder-Apply