Eleventh meeting of the HLG-PCCB and a side event
The eleventh meeting of the group took place in Rabat, Morocco from 9-10 May 2018. A side event on financing and coordination of capacity building for statistics for the 2030 Agenda was organized on 8 May. The Morocco High Commission for Planning graciously hosted the meeting.
On 9-10 May, the HLG-PCCB held its eleventh meeting and the main objectives of this meeting were to review:
- preparations for the UN World Data Forum taking place in October 2018 in Dubai,
- ongoing work of the Joint sub-group, particularly the results of the joint survey carried out by the group and PARIS21 on statistical capacity building needs,
- ongoing preparations of the documents for the UNWDF 2018, including the notes on implementation of the CTGAP and financing for statistics,
- next steps in the proposal for a UN Chief Statistician, and
- any preparations needed for the High-level Political Forum.
A side event was held on 8 May with selected invited key issue partners to discuss ways to collaborate and explore financing to support the capacity development needs for the full implementation of the Cape Town Global Action Plan (CTGAP). The main objectives of this side event were to:
- support better coordination between the HLG-PCCB and other partners,
- discuss financing for the implementation of the CTGAP, and
- elaborate on ideas for better coordinating statistical capacity building activities.
- Call for Action for Better Data for Development - implementing the Cape Town Global Action Plan for Sustainable Development Data
- Next steps on the UN chief statistician proposal