Become a Data Engineer
Learn to design data models, build data warehouses and data lakes, automate data pipelines, and work with massive datasets. At the end of the program, you’ll combine your new skills by completing a capstone project.
What you will learn:
- Data Modeling - create relational and NoSQL data models to fit the diverse needs of data consumers. Use ETL to build databases in PostgreSQL and Apache Cassandra.
- Cloud Data Warehouses - Sharpen your data warehousing skills and deepen your understanding of data infrastructure. Create cloud-based data warehouses on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Spark and Data Lakes - Understand the big data ecosystem and how to use Spark to work with massive datasets. Store big data in a data lake and query it with Spark.
- Data pipelines with Airflow - Schedule, automate, and monitor data pipelines using Apache Airflow. Run data quality checks, track data lineage, and work with data pipelines in production.
- Capstone Project - Combine what you've learned throughout the program to build your own data engineering portfolio project.