|Offered by||University of Michigan
This specialization is designed to teach of statistical analysis using the Python programming language. Learners will learn where data come from, what types of data can be collected, study data design, data management, and how to effectively carry out data exploration and visualization. They will be able to utilize data for estimation and assessing theories, construct confidence intervals, interpret inferential results, and apply more advanced statistical modeling procedures. Finally, they will learn the importance of and be able to connect research questions to the statistical and data analysis methods taught to them.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Create and interpret data visualizations using the Python programming language and associated packages & libraries.
- Apply and interpret inferential procedures when analyzing real data.
- Apply statistical modeling techniques to data (i.e. linear and logistic regression, linear models, multilevel models, Bayesian inference techniques).
- Understand importance of connecting research questions to data analysis methods.
SKILLS YOU WILL GAIN
- Python Programming
- Data Visualization (DataViz)
- Statistical Model
- Statistical inference methods
- Data Analysis
- Confidence Interval
- Statistical Inference
- Statistical Hypothesis Testing
- Bayesian Statistics
- statistical regression