|Offered by||University of California, UC Davis
This online course will give you a GIS knowledge on geospatial analysis, focusing on analysis tools, 3D data, working with rasters, projections, and environment variables. In this course you will learn the fundamentals of geospatial and environmental analysis during four modules:
- Module 1: Tour ArcToolbox and learn how to use common geospatial analysis tools built into ArcGIS.
- Module 2: Gain a working understanding of raster data models: symbolize, reproject, overlay, and assess rasters. Take a detour into 3D data models, and interpolation of observations into 3D surfaces and rasters.
- Module 3: Go in-depth on projections and coordinate systems, which are foundational to all GIS. Learn how to use environment variables to constrain your analyses and get better quality data products.
- Module 4: Expand your knowledge of symbology. Learn how to visually display your data by classifying it in logical groupings and then symbolizing it on your map.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Create 3-dimensional surfaces.
- Create triangulated irregular networks (TIN) and modify rasters to 3D data.
- Develop and analyze data for the geospatial analysis project.
- Design color ramps for your data.