22 August 2002
Data Extract Service
The data request procedure
United Nations Statistics Division - International Merchandise Trade Statistics
- The customer sends either by e-mail or by fax a data order to DES.
This data order should contain full customer information and a complete
description of the requested data.
- The customer information should contain :
a) Customer's name and address; telephone and fax number
b) Company's name and address; telephone and fax number
- The description of the requested data should contain at least the
a) the reporting countries or customs areas
b) the partner countries or customs areas
c) the commodities, preferably expressed in codes of either the Harmonized
System (HS) classification or in codes of the Standard International
Trade Classification (SITC) classification
d) the year(s) of interest
e) the Trade Flow (imports, export and/or re-exports)
- DES will thereafter give a cost estimate based on the parameters,
which have been submitted.
- The customer will have to confirm the data request and the corresponding
cost estimate in writing (either by e-mail or by fax).
- DES will prepare and send the data within 5 working days, unless the
data order is either very large or very complicated, in which case it
may take more time.
- Shortly afterwards DES will send an invoice.