This webinar will introduce AIS data: what it is (maritime vessel tracking), how it is structured, and how to access it via the UN Global Platform. We will also explore some of the resources available for the UN Datathon and display some of the use cases. Topics will include:
- General information about AIS (raw) data and limitation
- Introduction to AIS from the UN Global Platform
- AIS derived datasets available for the UN Datathon and variables information
- Use cases and possibilities from AIS data
For this session, you will get:
- Gain an introductory understanding of what AIS data is and its limitations.
- Learn the process of accessing AIS data from the UN Global Platform.
- Become familiar with the AIS derived datasets available for the UN Datathon and their variables.
- Acquire the ability to navigate through the UN Global Platform to locate AIS data.
- Develop a basic understanding of how to interpret key variables within the AIS datasets.
- Achieve the capability to conceptualize basic use-cases or applications utilizing AIS data.
- Establish readiness for leveraging AIS data in the UN Datathon.