Thirteen countries are piloted in Africa for collaboration on legal identity with the World Bank, which are selected based on a set of criteria, taking into consideration of the under five birth registration coverage, the laws and policies in the countries, the result of national CRVS/ID4D assessment(if any), etc.
The LIEG Secretariat in New York are available to assist with:
- In-country workshops/training sessions on integrated civil registration/vital statistics/identity management models;
- Technical assistance from ECA and other regional bodies to secure full alignment with regional systems and priorities;
- Defining entry points with the Government and the WBG on legal identity collaboration;
- In-country and remote assistance in 'One UN' project design, resource mobilization and stakeholder liaison (including with funding partners and the WBG) for integrated civil registration, vital statistics and identity management;
- Possible seed funding for stakeholder engagement and 'One UN' project design;
- Other assistance as may be required.