To satisfy more inclusive and equitable participation in the United Nations Word Data Forum under a hybrid format in 2021, the Forum organisers are requesting any interested groups or organisations to apply to be a UNWDF recognized local Forum meet-up host. A local Forum meet-up is a local meeting that takes place in parallel with the UN World Data Forum being held in Bern, Switzerland between 3 and 6 October 2021.
DISCLAIMER: Local meet-ups are the responsibility of the local organizers and should be held in accordance to the local rules, regulations and advice of the local health authorities with regard to the COVID-19 pandemic.
What activities can be planned within a local meet-up? Typical activities include;
- Watch the broadcasts of sessions within your local data community;
- Hold debates to discuss the themes introduced at the UNWDF from their local perspective.
- Collective interaction with the high-level plenary sessions to take the floor or pose through the chat a question coordinated by the local meet-up which the moderator will ensure gets answered by the panelists1
What are the benefits of hosting a local meet-up? There are many and include:
- Help to raise awareness about data for sustainable development;
- Foster networking among participants and community building;
- Encourage follow-up activities.
What is needed to organise a local meet-up? The requirements are very simple:
- Entry to the meet-up should be free for participants
- A physical or virtual place provided that local guidelines and restrictions according to current health situation due to COVID-19 pandemic are followed
- A computer with a broadband Internet connection and a projector equipment, to enable local participants to watch the video
- A local meet-up moderator, who will plan the dynamics of the local discussions as well as transmit the participants’ questions or comments to the UNWDF through the remote participation channels
- A general call in lists, forums etc., to invite the interested local community.
Guidance material/sessions for local meet-ups will be made available.
Stakeholders interested in organizing a local meet-up are invited to register online by 31 August 2021 with the following information:
- Full address [City/Country]
- Institution hosting the local meet-up
- Session(s) on the programme of interest
- Maximum participant capacity within the local meet-up (indication of spare capacity)
- Planned pre-meeting activities
- Meet-up coordinator (will be the key point of contact for the UNWDF organizers)
- Contact details (i.e. email, telephone number etc.)
- Meet-up technical coordinator (IT)
- Technical coordinator contact details (i.e. email, telephone number etc.)
Please note that the local meet-up and technical coordinators have to be present at the meet-up site.