|The 1993 SNA refers to contracts, leases and licences in a number of contexts but there is no
overview that sets out the principles of the appropriate treatment of all such arrangements. Further, clarification is desirable concerning several specific points:|
1. the definition and treatment of operating and financial leases on fixed assets,
2. when legal constructs should be recognized as assets,
3. whether tradable government permits should be treated as assets,
4. can sub-contracting lead to the creation of an asset,
5. can a difference between a contract price and the corresponding prevailing price affect the
treatment of existing leases.