Governance and Management
- The founding members’ group (FG) will be responsible for managing the operations of GIST on a regular basis. The FG, with consultations with key international and regional statistical institutions, can decide to include new members based on pre-determined criteria.
- One of the member institutions from the FG will be nominated as the Chair through consensus. The Chair will be rotated every two years.
- The GIST will report progress of its activities to the UN Statistical Commission (UNSC) every year.
- Advisory Group (AG) with representatives of selected NSOs and other data stakeholders to be selected on rotational basis – to provide guidance to the GIST on various matters including the implementation of programme activities.
- The AG and FG will mainly work through exchange of e-mails and hold their meetings at an agreed interval through teleconferencing or other electronic means. Physical meetings meeting can be held on the side-lines of major meetings.
- The FG will meet once a year in the margins of the UN Statistical Commission.
- A detailed two-year workplan will be developed by the FG and reviewed by the Advisory group, which would then be implemented by the GIST.