DECREE of the Statistical Office of the Slovak Republic of 11 May 1998
stating details of the way, form and procedure of registration of information systems containing personal data
According to §39, section 1 of the Law No. 52/1998 Coll. on personal data protection in information systems (hereinafter "the Law"), Statistical Office of the Slovak Republic (hereinafter "the Office") orders as follows:
Form of Registration
(1) Application for registration is submitted in written form on the registration form of an information system (hereinafter "the Registration Form"), whose sample is in Annex 1.
(2) Modifications concerning the registered data, as well as termination of registration are made in written form on the registration data modification form (hereinafter "the Modification Form") whose sample is in Annex 2.
(3) Registration forms and modification forms can be required by controllers (§ 3, letter g) of the Law) in regional offices of the Statistical Office of the Slovak Republic 1).
Registration form will be completely and truly filled-in by the controller, and will be delivered to the Office before launching of personal data processing in their information system.
Correctness and completeness of filled-in data in the registration form will be verified by the office. Registration form which is not filled-in completely or which contains errors, will be returned to the controller for completing or for correction.
(1) After acceptation of the filled-in registration form, the Office will submit the data to the state supervision authority (§ 21, section 1 of the Law).
(2) The state supervision authority will express their standpoint to the application for registration on the registration form.
(3) After acceptation of the state supervision authority's standpoint, the following actions will be performed by the Office:
(a) registration will be made, and registration certificate will be issued and sent to the controller, with registration number assigned (§ 22 of the Law), or
(b) written information will be sent to the controller, on the state supervision authority's standpoint, that the information system is not under registration.
Data Modification Procedure
Any change of data registered will be announced by the controller to the Office, on the modification form.
(1) Correctness and completeness of filled-in data in the modification form will be verified by the office. Modification form which is not filled-in completely or which contains errors, will be returned to the controller for completing or for correction.
(2) After acceptation of the filled-in modification form, the Office will submit the data to the state supervision authority (§ 20, section 3, letters e) to k) of the Law).
(3) Modification of data from the registration form will be performed by the Office and the controller will be noted in writing.
(4) Certificate of modification performed will be issued by the Office to the controller.
Termination of Registration
Termination of registration of the information system containing personal data will be performed by controller using modification form.
This Decree enters into force as of the day of its announcing.
Stefan Condík, sign manual
1) § 9 of the Law of the Slovak National Council No. 322/1992 Coll. on state statistics, in the wording of the Law of the National Council of the Slovak Republic No. 278/1996 Coll.
· Please, indicate registration number in item 01, which was assigned to your information system (§ 22, section 1 of the Law No. 52/1998 Coll.).
· Information on termination of registration should be supplemented by date, hour, and ground of the termination in the column Text (2nd and 3rd columns should not be filled-in).
· Modification of items 34-01 and 34-02 should be indicated in words in the column Text. The following data should be indicated in the case of introducing a new country (e.g., the third one) of the cross-border flow of personal data:
1 / 34 /03 / Name of the country
One of the elements (03 01, 03 02, 03 03, or 03 04) should be indicated in the next row, in the column Element in Item. If elements 03 03, or 03 04 are indicated, then title of the relevant law (or of the relevant agreement) should be indicated in the column Text. Element 03 05 should be indicated in the next row, in the column Element in Item, and the following data, should be indicated in the column Text: a) Any personal data types, or b) any codes of personal data types, separated by comma.
Warning! When introducing a new country, consider modification of entry 29 of the registration form, too.
· Date should be indicated as follows: day (number 01-31), month (01-12), and year (four digits).
·Statutory authority - Given name, surname, title, and signature of the person, who is legally authorised by the organisation to act on their behalf.
· Information not to be included in the master form, but you consider them necessary, should be indicated in the field Remarks.
Correctly filled-in registration data modification form should be delivered personally or by mail to the following address:
Statistický úrad Slovenskej republiky
(Statistical Office of the Slovak Republic)
824 67 Bratislava
State supervision authority's standpoint according to § 21 of the Law No. 52/1998 Coll.
day - month - year
Date of verification - Stamp - Signature
Statistical Office of the Slovak Republic
REGISTRATION DATA MODIFICATION FORM
of the information system with Registration No.: 01