Information on various issues on BPS' Policy
· BPS may publish the statistics it has collected
· The statistics are to be published in the Official Statistics News/Publication
· Based on the purpose for which they are used, statistics are classified into the following types: basic statistics, sectoral statistics and special statistics.
· Basic and sectoral statistics are available for public utilization unless it is specified otherwise in prevailing legislation.
· Every individual has equal opportunity to access and make use of special statistics but must maintain regard for the legally protected rights of a person or an institution.
· Permission to use is granted for non-commercial use, including but not limited to educational, personal, and research. Such permission is granted for citations, references, and description, in any electronic or non-electronic forms of information deliveries, in which the source of data (Badan Pusat Statistik or Statistics Indonesia, herein known as BPS) must be stated clearly.
· Data Dissemination Service is the main gateway to request and obtain any statistical data or otherwise. The service will handle, process or forward any request submitted. Soft copies of data, and print-outs can be purchased through this service.
· Statistical User Forum/Forum Masyarakat Statistik (FMS) is a non structural and independent organization which has a task of giving advice, in numerous aspects of statistics, asked or not, to BPS. The advice can be provided in periodical or casual bases.
· FMS consists of government, NGOs, experts, profesionals, and honor citizens.
· More info : http://www.bps.go.id/statcomm/fms/fms.htm [in Bahasa Indonesia]
Badan Pusat Statistik (BPS - Statistics Indonesia) is a government institution, directly responsible to the Pesident. The BPS is instituted by Law number 16, 1997 on Statistics, Presidential decree number 86, 1998 on BPS's status, task, functions and organizational structure; Presidential Decree number 163, 1998 on Institute for Statistics; Government Regulation number 51, 1999 on Statistics Undertakings; Executive Act number 100, 1998 on the organization and task of the BPS; Executive Act number 101, 1998 on organization and task of Institute for Statistics. Previously, BPS was Biro Pusat Statistik or Central Bureau of Statistics (CBS) instituted by Law number 7, 1960 on Statistics.