Inter-agency Expert Group on SDG Indicators
On 6 March 2015, at its forty-sixth session, the United Nations Statistical Commission created an Inter-agency and Expert Group on SDG Indicators (IAEG-SDGs), composed of Member States and including regional and international agencies as observers. The IAEG-SDGs will provide a proposal of a global indicator framework (and associated global and universal indicators) for consideration by the Statistical Commission at its forty-seventh session in March 2016.
The IAEG-SDGs has been tasked to develop an indicator framework for the goals and targets of the post-2015 development agenda at the global level, and to support its implementation.
In establishing the IAEG-SDGs, the United Nations Statistical Commission requested the use of existing regional mechanisms in order to ensure equitable regional representation and technical expertise. The Chair of the United Nations Statistical Commission is a ex-officio member of the IAEG-SDGs.
At its third meeting, the IAEG-SDGs decided to form three working groups to address specific areas relevant to SDG indicator implementation. The three working groups are on SDMX, Geo-spatial information, and Interlinkages. The IAEG-SDGs recently finalised the terms of reference for the three groups (which can be found below) and each group's membership. The Working Groups will decide on their detailed work plan, methods of work, and communication and coordination mechanisms with other partners. Countries that are not members of the IAEG-SDGs, international organisations, civil society, academia and the private sector will be invited to participate in the groups subject to criteria that will be established by each working group.
- Working Group on Geo-spatial Information
- Working Group on Inter-linkages of SDG Statistics to allow for Integrated Analyses in the Monitoring
- Working Group on SDMX
- Tier Classification for Global SDG Indicators (as of 21 December 2016)
- Work Plans for Tier III Indicators (as of 11 November 2016)
- Metadata for the Proposed Global Indicators (as of 4 March 2016)
- Report of the IAEG-SDGs to the 47th session of the UN Statistical Commission
- 4th meeting of the IAEG-SDGs
- Open Consultation on Possible Refinements to the Global Indicator Framework
- 3rd meeting of the IAEG-SDGs
- Briefing to the General Assembly on the global SDG indicator framework
- Open Consultation on Grey Indicators
- Open Consultation on Green Indicators
- 2nd meeting of the IAEG-SDGs
- Open Consultation
- 1st meeting of the IAEG-SDGs