What is SDMX?
It stands for “Statistical Data and Metadata Exchange” and refers to an international cooperation initiative aimed at developing and employing more efficient processes for exchange and sharing of statistical data and metadata among international organizations and their member countries. For further information, please visit SDMX web site.
Also, visit SDMX-IMTS website: https://comtrade.un.org/sdmx/
- Comtrade uses SDMX cross-sectional format version 1.0
- Each commodity classification has a specific Key Family. Therefore, there are 6 key families: for HS2002, HS1996, HS1992, SITC Rev.3, SITC Rev.2, and SITC Rev.1 Download the all key families here
- Explanatory notes are integrated with Comtrade SDMX
- This is a beta version. The SDMX structure can be modified
- Comtrade Web Services are under the development and testing. With web services, trade data transfer and synchronization will be simplified
How to read SDMX
SDMX is a text file which is readable by any text editors. A converter is required, in order to convert SDMX into CSV format.
Users can download data in SDMX format using the direct download feature. Comtrade Batch is not able to generate data in SDMX format.
|ZIP Archive ComtradeSDMXKeyFamilies.zip||Nov 02, 2020 by UNSD_KH|
|PDF File intro to sdmx.pdf||Nov 02, 2020 by UNSD_KH|
|Microsoft Powerpoint 97 Slideshow Comtrade SDMX.ppt||Nov 02, 2020 by UNSD_KH|
Page:B. Factors to consider in data and metadata dissemination (IMTS 2010 Compilation Guide)
- No labels