Date of interview: ../../….
1. What is your country of residence?
2. What is your main purpose for departing [this country]?
3. Demographics of interviewee:
[NOTE: SOME COUNTRIES MIGHT WISH TO REQUEST FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT THE INTERVIEWEE, SUCH AS ECONOMIC ACTIVITY STATUS, OCCUPATION, ANNUAL HOUSEHOLD INCOME AND EDUCATION LEVEL.]
4. What was your main reason for your visit to this country?
5. How long is your educational course in [this country]?
6. How long is your medical treatment in [this country]?
7. How many nights did you spend in [this country]?
MODULE 1: MODE OF TRANSPORT
8. How are you travelling to/from [this country]?
MODULE 2: ACCOMMODATION
9. What types of accommodation did you stay in while in [this country] and how many nights did you stay in each?
MODULE 3: ACTIVITIES WHILE IN [THIS COUNTRY]
10. What regions did you visit while in [this country] and how many nights did you spend in each one?
11. What activities did you undertake while in [this country]? (Please tick all relevant activities.)
MODULE 4: EXPENDITURE
12. Please identify the currency in which expenditure questions are being answered:
13. Before visiting this country did you spend money on public transport to/from this country?
If YES, what was the name of the transport company you travelled with?
14.a Did you come to this country on a package tour?
14.b What was included in the package?
14.c How much did you pay for this package?
15.a Before visiting [this country] did you purchase any other services you received in this country?
15.b What services received in [this country] did you purchase before visiting [this country] and how much did you spend on them?
16. How much did you spend while in [this country] on the following items?
[NOTE: COUNTRIES MAY WISH TO ADD ITEMS TO THIS LIST WHERE EXPENDITURE ON SUCH ITEMS IS SIGNIFICANT.]
17. How many people in your travel party, including yourself, are covered by the expenditure you have identified?
18.a Did any other person/organization (e.g., friend, relative, employer, government agency, etc.) spend any other money on goods or services you, and your travel party, received in [this country]?
18.b How much was spent on these goods and services?
Example questionnaire for illustration
A similar questionnaire (with few adjustments) could also be used on departure, to obtain information on expected tourism behaviour of residents abroad, or on arrival, to obtain information on actual tourism behaviour of residents abroad.
B. MEANS OF TRANSPORT
C. ABOUT YOUR STAY
D. ACQUISITION OF SERVICES IN YOUR COUNTRY OR IN ANOTHER COUNTRY BEFORE ARRIVING IN OUR COUNTRY
Countries are encouraged to use a more detail break-down of
Expenditure items (by value/currency and for the number of persons):
- Goods and services related to the trip (except services provided in this country) purchased in country of residence or another country
- International transportation
- Local transportation
- Food and beverage
- Cultural products
- Sports and recreation products
- Health-related goods and services
- Souvenirs, gifts, etc.
- Other goods and services
Who paid for the items:
- Paid for by traveller
- Paid for by other
E. ACQUISITION OF GOODS AND SERVICES IN OUR COUNTRY BOOKED OR PAID FOR EITHER BEFORE, DURING OR AFTER THE TRIP
Swedish visitor survey