1: Birth Registration and personal Names
2: The Registration Process and the details which must be recorded in the Register of Births
3: Where should a birth be registered and by whom?
4: Registration of births to parents who are not married to each other
5. Re-registration of Births
6. Time period within which a birth should be registered and the late registration of a birth
7. Corrections of Errors and other Amendments.
8. The registration of stillborn children
9. General note on Birth Certificates
10. Locating the appropriate Registrar of Births
11. Fees payable by members of the public
12. Useful Addresses & Telephone Numbers
An information leaflet on how to register a birth and a general guide to the relevant legislation including the Civil Registration Act, 2004.
Information for Parents on the registration of a birth and a guide to the content of a birth certificate.
NOTE: This leaflet contains important information for the benefit of parents concerning how their child's birth will be registered.
Parents are advised to note carefully the contents of the relevant sections.