UN World Data Forum webinar
Wednesday, April 19 2023, 7:00 to 8:00 am (EDT)
Information Session: How to engage virtually with the UNWDF 2023
The United Nations World Data Forum 2023 (UNWDF 2023) will take place from 24 to 27 April 2023 in Hangzhou, China. The Forum’s purpose is to create a space for those interested in data and statistics to exchange ideas, showcase innovations, identify solutions, discuss future strategies, and provide mutual learning opportunities on a wide variety of topics organized across the Programme. Virtual participants will have the opportunity to view and interact in more than 80 sessions online, including four high-level plenaries and a series of panel and short-talk style parallel sessions. In addition, this programme is supported by the online event platform to allow participants to easily follow and schedule what they wish to watch among these sessions; chat and ask questions of the numerous organisers and speakers; and connect and network with their fellow participants.
The Forum welcomes participants interested in data from a diverse range of backgrounds: governments, civil society, the private sector, donor and philanthropic bodies, international and regional agencies, the geospatial community, the media, academia, and professional bodies.
Lead by one of the Programme Committee co-chairs, Shaida Badiee and other members: represented by Babatunde Abidoye, Charles Lebon Mberi Kimpolo, Dilek Fraisl and Claudia Wells together with the Secretariat of the Forum represented by Francesca Perucci, will share further information on 19 April from 7am EST.
The following key topics will be covered:
- What to expect as a virtual participant of UNWDF2023
- Introduction to the online event platform
- Insights into how best engage in sessions as a remote participant, including network and connect with fellow attendees
- Francesca Perucci, Assistant Director, United Nations Statistics Division
- Babatunde Abidoye, Global Policy Advisor, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- Shaida Badiee, Co-founder and Managing Director, Open Data Watch
- Charles Lebon Mberi Kimpolo Director, Industry Initiative; Acting Director, Skills for Employability (SFE); Head, Next Einstein Forum (NEF)
- Dilek Fraisl, Research Scholar, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA); Managing Director, Citizen Science Global Partnership (CSGP)
- Claudia Wells, International Hub Director, Development Initiatives