Video Competition: 1 Minute Voices of Youth
Submit by September 30 your original 1-minute video showcasing the impact of data on your life and the world around you.
- Do you believe that #BetterData can impact your life, your family, local community and change the world for the better? ✔️
- Are you between 15 and 24? ✔️
Then share your voice by submitting a 1-minute video that will be showcased in the 2020 Virtual UN World Data Forum!
- Submission Deadline: 30 September 2020.
- You can submit as a group or individually.
- Duration: 1 Minute video that can be easily recorded on your phone.
- You can submit in the 6 UN Languages: English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian and Chinese (but a text with English translation should be included with submission)
- The video should be recorded using a Horizontal framing and not vertical.
- Simply send your 1 Minute video via email to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the following information:
- Your name
- Country of residence
- Any organization/university/school affiliations
- One introductory paragraph about your video and why data matters
The 1 Minute video competition is to bring the voices of youth to the 2020 Virtual and the United Nations World Data Forum 2021 in Bern.
Top 10 videos will be showcased during the 2020 Virtual UN World Data Forum on social media and the event's App. The top 3 winners selected by the Secretariat will be invited to preview their videos and speak in person or virtually at the next UN World Data Forum in Bern in October 2021.
For the 1 Minutes videos, the youth participants can select more than one themes from the 2020 Virtual UN World Data Forum six thematic areas:
- TA 1. New approaches to capacity development for better data
- TA 2. Innovations and synergies across data ecosystems
- TA 3. Leaving no one behind
- TA 4. Understanding the world through data
- TA 5. Building trust in data and statistics
- TA 6. How far have we come?