This is a multi-stakeholder session on data collaborations across Africa. The 90-minute session will include presentations of ongoing continental initiatives, and in-depth discussion on improving collaborations among stakeholders in Africa’s data landscape. Among others, the session will seek to find a way forward for:
- Sharing good practices and challenges on data collaborations in Africa
- Broadening engagement for a stronger and better data ecosystem across Africa
- Ensuring government investment in open data results in improved capacity for data across government
- Strengthening the existing networks – AODN and CAFDO
- Sustaining the Africa Open Data Conferences and key convenings
- The Africa Data Revolution Report of 2020
The targeted audience include policymakers, statistics professionals, civil society and researchers.