Methodological Developments for Gender Statistics
- Thursday, 10 MAR 2016
- 1:15 - 2:30pm
- Conference Room 4 (CB)
Meeting organized by the Social and Housing Statistics Section, United Nations Statistics Division (UNSD)
The meeting will provide an update on the latest methodological developments for generating robust gender statistics on two critical dimensions for gender equality and women's empowerment: (a) entrepreneurship and the ownership and control of assets (Evidence and Data for Gender Equality - EDGE project) and (b) the gender gap in the allocation of time to different activities including paid and unpaid work (the International Classification of Activities for Time Use Statistics - ICATUS).
For additional information and to RSVP by 7 March 2016 (required for non-UN pass holders), please contact email@example.com .
- Opening – Ms. Keiko Osaki-Tomita, Chief, Demographic and Social Statistics Branch, UNSD
- Update on the Evidence and Data for Gender Equality - EDGE project implementation and findings – UNSD
- Update on the implementation of the EDGE project in Asia – Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- Country experiences and results from the implementation of the EDGE project – Mexico
- Update on the revision of the International Classification of Activities for Time Use Statistics - ICATUS – UNSD
- Questions and answers/Discussion