|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
COICOP code 11.1.1Structure Notes
- Catering services (meals, snacks, drinks and refreshments) provided by restaurants, cafés, buffets, bars, tearooms, etc., including those provided:
- in places providing recreational, cultural, sporting or entertainment services: theatres, cinemas, sports stadiums, swimming pools, sports complexes, museums, art galleries, nightclubs, dancing establishments, etc.;
- on public transport (coaches, trains, boats, aeroplanes, etc.) when priced separately;
- also included are:
- the sale of food products and beverages for immediate consumption by kiosks, street vendors and the like, including food products and beverages dispensed ready for consumption by automatic vending machines;
- the sale of cooked dishes by restaurants for consumption off their premises;
- the sale of cooked dishes by catering contractors whether collected by the customer or delivered to the customer's home.
Excludes: tobacco purchases (02.2.0); telephone calls (08.3.0).
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
Then drop us a line at CHL@un.org.