|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
COFOG code 04.5.2Structure Notes
- Administration of affairs and services concerning operation, use, construction and maintenance of inland, coastal and ocean water transport systems and facilities (harbours, docks, navigation aids and equipment, canals, bridges, tunnels, channels, breakwaters, piers, wharves, terminals, etc.);
- supervision and regulation of water transport users (registration, licensing and inspection of vessels and crews, regulations concerning passenger safety and freight security, etc.), of water transport system operations (granting of franchises, approval of freight tariffs and passenger fares and of hours and frequency of service, etc.) and of water transport facility construction and maintenance;
- construction or operation of non-enterprise-type water transport systems and facilities (such as ferries);
- production and dissemination of general information, technical documentation and statistics on water transport system operations and on water transport facility construction activities;
- grants, loans or subsidies to support the operation, construction, maintenance or upgrading of water transport systems and facilities.
Includes: radio and satellite navigation aids; emergency rescue and towing services.
Excludes: grants, loans and subsidies to shipbuilders (04.4.2).
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
Then drop us a line at CHL@un.org.