|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
ISIC Rev.4 code 3811Structure
This class includes:
- collection of non-hazardous solid waste (i.e. garbage) within a local area, such as collection of waste from households and businesses by means of refuse bins, wheeled bins, containers etc may include mixed recoverable materials
- collection of recyclable materials
- collection of used cooking oils and fats
- collection of refuse in litter-bins in public places
This class also includes:
- collection of construction and demolition waste
- collection and removal of debris such as brush and rubble
- collection of waste output of textile mills
- operation of waste transfer stations for non-hazardous waste
This class excludes:
- collection of hazardous waste, see 3812
- operation of landfills for the disposal of non-hazardous waste, see 3821
- operation of facilities where commingled recoverable materials such as paper, plastics, etc. are sorted into distinct categories, see 3830
Click here for complete correspondences for this code.
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
Then drop us a line at CHL@un.org.