|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
ISIC Rev.4 code 1040Structure
This class includes the manufacture of crude and refined oils and fats from vegetable or animal materials, except rendering or refining of lard and other edible animal fats.
This class includes:
- manufacture of crude vegetable oils: olive oil, soya-bean oil, palm oil, sunflower-seed oil, cotton-seed oil, rape, colza or mustard oil, linseed oil etc.
- manufacture of non-defatted flour or meal of oilseeds, oil nuts or oil kernels
- manufacture of refined vegetable oils: olive oil, soya-bean oil etc.
- processing of vegetable oils: blowing, boiling, dehydration, hydrogenation etc.
- manufacture of margarine
- manufacture of melanges and similar spreads
- manufacture of compound cooking fats
This class also includes:
- manufacture of non-edible animal oils and fats
- extraction of fish and marine mammal oils
- production of cotton linters, oilcakes and other residual products of oil production
This class excludes:
- rendering and refining of lard and other edible animal fats, see 1010
- wet corn milling, see 1062
- production of essential oils, see 2029
- treatment of oil and fats by chemical processes, see 2029
Click here for complete correspondences for this code.
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
Then drop us a line at CHL@un.org.