Detailed structure and explanatory notes
ISIC Rev.3 code 2919Structure
Changes have been made to the original printed version. Check the Registry for details.
Last change: 4/9/1996
This class includes manufacture of:
- weighing machinery (other than sensitive laboratory balances): household and shop scales, portable or mobile platform scales, scales for continuous weighing of goods, scales for weighing a continuous flow of liquid, weighbridges and so forth. Weighing machinery incorporating calculators, converting weight to counts, or performing other operations based on weight.
- refrigerating or freezing equipment for commercial purposes such as display and dispensing cases; refrigerating or freezing equipment for other purposes; assemblies of major components of the refrigerators and freezers classified here, e.g. compressors, compressors and condensers mounted on a common base even though motor, evaporator or cabinet is absent; furniture designed to accommodate refrigeration or freezing equipment.
- unit air-conditioners.
- filtering or purifying machinery or apparatus for liquids or gases. Such equipment varies greatly in size, function and operating characteristics, and therefore the processes employed in their manufacture also vary greatly.
- equipment for projecting, dispersing or spraying liquids or powders, whether or not hand-operated. In addition to manufacture of spray guns and similar appliances, manufacture of fire extinguishers, sand blasting machines, steam cleaning machines and similar jet projecting machines are included here.
- packing and wrapping machinery including machines which perform one or more of such functions as filling, closing, sealing, capsuling or labelling containers such as bottles, cans, boxes or bags; machinery for cleaning or drying bottles or other containers or for aerating beverages.
- distilling or rectifying plant; heat exchangers; and machinery for liquefying air or gas.
- producer gas or water gas and acetylene gas generators.
- fans intended for industrial applications, exhaust hoods for commercial, laboratory or industrial use.
- calendering or other rolling machines other than for metals or glass.
- centrifuges other than cream separators or clothes driers.
- gaskets and similar joints made of a combination of materials or layers of the same material.
- other general purpose machinery not elsewhere classified including manufacture of specialized parts for general purpose machinery and equipment.
Exclusions: In general, manufacture of machinery or equipment chiefly employed by a particular industry or by a number of related industries (e.g. machine tools used in metal working units) is classified in the appropriate class of group 292 (Manufacture of special purpose machinery).
Manufacture of spraying machinery specialized for use in agriculture is classified in class 2921 (Manufacture of agricultural and forestry machinery).
Manufacture of metal or glass rolling machinery is classified in class 2923 (Manufacture of machinery for metallurgy) and 2929 (Manufacture of other special purpose machinery), respectively.
Manufacture of cream separators is classified in class 2925 (Manufacture of machinery for food, beverage and tobacco processing).
Manufacture of apparatus for filtering or purifying food is also classified in class 2925.
Manufacture of industrial clothes driers is classified in class 2929 (Manufacture of other special purpose machinery).
Manufacture of domestic refrigerating or freezing equipment is classified in class 2930 (Manufacture of domestic appliances n.e.c.). Manufacture of fans used chiefly in homes or offices is also classified in class 2930.
Manufacture of sensitive balances is classified in class 3312 (Manufacture of instruments and appliances for measuring, checking, testing, navigating and other purposes, except industrial process control equipment).
Click here for complete correspondences for this code.
Click here to see the alphabetical index for this code
Click here to see the Registry entries for this code
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
Then drop us a line at CHL@un.org.