|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
CPC Ver.1.1 code 733Structure
This Group is divided into the following Classes:
This group includes:
- permitting, granting or otherwise authorizing the use of intangible produced assets. This covers all rights to exploit these intangible assets, such as licensing to third parties; reproducing and publishing software, books, etc.; using patented designs in production processes to produce new goods and so on. Limited end user licenses, which are sold as part of a product (e.g. packaged software, books) are not included here.
Note: Granting the right to use non-produced assets is generally excluded, as this does not constitute a service within the System of National Accounts (SNA). However, granting the right to use patented entities, trademarks and franchises is, by exception, considered a service in the SNA and therefore included here.
This group does not include:
- licence fees as integral part of consumer goods (books, records, software), see corresponding subclass in sections 0-4
- patent, trademark, copyright and other intellectual property rights consultancy services, cf. 82130
- preparation, drafting and certification services concerning patents, trademarks, copyrights and other intellectual property rights, cf. 82130
- legal services related to drawing up or certification of patents, trademarks, copyrights and other intellectual property rights, cf. 82130
- management services for copyrights and their revenues, cf. 85990
- management services for rights to industrial property (patents, licences, trademarks, franchises etc.), cf. 85990
- management services for motion picture rights, cf. 96141
- management services for artistic rights, cf. 96290
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
Then drop us a line at CHL@un.org.