Fifth meeting of the IAEG-SDGs
The fifth meeting of the Inter-agency and Expert Group on Sustainable Development Goal Indicators (IAEG-SDGs), will be held from 28 to 31 March 2017 in Ottawa, Canada. The meeting will be hosted by Statistics Canada.
This meeting will follow the same format as the 4th IAEG-SDG meeting, with a Members meeting taking place during the first two days (28 - 29 March) and a Plenary Session taking place during the second two days (30 - 31 March). During the plenary session, all countries, international and regional agencies and entities, and other stakeholders are invited to attend.
The IAEG-SDGs was established by the Statistical Commission at its 46th session to develop an indicator framework for the monitoring of the goals and targets of the 2030 Agenda for sustainable development at the global level, and to support its implementation.
- Present the updated tier system
- Discuss the role of custodian agencies
- Discuss the strategy to address those indicators that remain without a custodian agency and/or a work plan
- Review work plans for tier III indicators and the proposals for new concepts and definitions and develop a mechanism to ensure completion of work
- Present the IAEG-SDG work plan on data disaggregation
- Present the timeline for finalizing the proposals on possible additional indicators
Wi-fi: Please note that there will not be free wi-fi in the conference room of the plenary meeting, but there is a wi-fi lounge in the conference centre which participants are able to use.
Tier Classification for Global SDG Indicators (as of 21 December 2016) (PDF)
Work Plans for Tier III Indicators (as of 3 March 2017) (PDF)
Work of the UN Statistical Commission pertaining to the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development (Draft Resolution as of 10 March 2017) (PDF)
Report of the Inter-agency and Expert Group on Sustainable Development Goal Indicators (E/CN.3/2017/2) (PDF)
Update on the work of the High-level Group for Partnership,Coordination and Capacity-Building for statistics for the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development (Cape Town Global Action Plan) (PDF)
Main points from the High Level Forum on Official Statistics:'Working together to measure progress towards the SDGs' (PDF)
Tier III Fast Track Requests (as of 13 March 2017) (PDF)