Use UN Comtrade via World Integrated Trade Solution (WITS)
The World Integrated Trade Solution (WITS)
is software developed by the World Bank, in close collaboration with United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD), International Trade Center (ITC), United Nations Statistical Division (UNSD) and World Trade Organization (WTO)..
WITS was a free software which allows you to access the major trade and tariff data compilations, inclulding the UN Comtrade database maintained by UNSD. You can obtain access to UN Comtrade data in WITS once you have obtained a subscription to UN Comtrade.
WITS is now fully web based. No more installation required.
to UN Comtrade, please contact email@example.com
Recently, some users with premium access
rights to the UN Comtrade database who sometimes access the data through the World Bank's World Integrated Trade Solution (WITS) at http://wits.worldbank.org/wits/
had reported difficulties in re-establishing the connection after the WITS website was updated. To assist UN Comtrade/WITS users, following is a step-by-step guide on how to activate your account:
1. Register in the WITS website; they will email you your WITS password. Follow instructions in the email to start activation via the link provided.
2. Login to WITS with your email address and WITS password. Select "UN COMTRADE By Country Period" under the Quick Search tab.
3. Go to the end of the green line --- "For unlimited access, click here." To validate unlimited access rights, enter your email in the UN Comtrade screen; the next screen will contain the Authorization Code which you then "Copy to Clipboard." Proceed to #4
Alternatively, you may secure your Authorization Code directly from the UN Comtrade site by going to the "My Account/Account Info" tab. Make sure your correct email is indicated at the top of the resulting page; otherwise, edit as necessary. Go to the bottom for your Authorization Code and "Copy to Clipboard." Proceed to #4
4. Paste the Authorization Code in the Comtrade Key box in WITS, check box and Confirm.
5. Comtrade is verified successfully and you are ready to access UN Comtrade through WITS.