Free Access to UN Comtrade
Free Access to UN Comtrade
Each and every user has free access to all of the data available in the UN Comtrade database. For technical reasons there is a download limit of 50,000 records per data query, but there is no limit on the number of data queries a user can do. This limitation will be relaxed further, as the technical computing capacity is expanded. For background information, please read the full announcement.
To assist special categories of users, the download limit of 50,000 records has been lifted for:
• Registered institutional users (academic institutions, government, inter-government agencies, NGOs) from developing countries on the IDA list.
• Data provider institutions
• Permanent missions to the United Nations
• International or regional organizations, which are member of the Coordinating Committee of Statistical Activities (CSSA)
For this, registration is required and you can submit the request in writing to email@example.com or fax us at 1-917-367-5106.
Key features of UN Comtrade available to all users are:
• Comtrade Explorer. Enter country name, commodity or year and this data mining tool will give an instant overview of data you are looking for. Thereafter, you can dig for more refined data.
• UN Comtrade Knowledge Base. This is a repository of background information on UN Comtrade. It explains how to use the functionalities, what the concepts are behind the data, why imports and exports differ and what the answers are to some frequently asked questions
• Community Forum. Users have instant online support via the UN Comtrade Knowledge Base. In addition, there is peer-to-peer support via UN Comtrade Community Forum, where you can post questions or give your own experience.
• Support. If there are still questions left, then there is a single point of contact, namely firstname.lastname@example.org
Premium Access Service
It is recognized that certain users may like to have the possibility to download amounts of data above the limit of 50,000 records (bulk download of millions of records or data streaming via web services), to save queries on the system, to make their own country or commodity groups and save those on the system as well, to customize download layout or to schedule the execution of certain queries at regular intervals. For such users, premium access service to UN Comtrade has been created. Since such service taxes more heavily on the system and requires additional storage space, this service does not come free of charge. If you are interested to obtain premium access service, please visit UN Publication web site at http://unp.un.org/comtrade.aspx or email at email@example.com.
Add Your Comments
Last Modified:Thursday, October 07, 2010
Last Modified By: comtrade_admin
Rated 3 stars based on 1 vote
Article has been viewed 13,589 times.