The website of the 2010 World Population and Housing Census Programme facilitates the international exchange and sharing of knowledge and information on census taking, as well as provision of guidance to countries, and monitoring progress on the implementation of the Programme. More...
- The US resident population stands at 308,745,538. More... - Posted 21 December 2010
- UNSD, in collaboration with the Jordan Department of Statistics and the Arab Training Institute for Research in Statistics, has conducted the Workshop on Census Evaluation for Arabic Speaking Countries (Amman, Jordan, 21-24 November 2010).
Media Coverage: The Jordan Times (English), News in (Arabic)
- Posted 1 December 2010
- Brazilian population stands at 190 million according to preliminary results of the 2010 census. More... - Posted 1 December 2010
- Field operations ongoing for Mongolia 2010 Population and Housing Census. More... - Posted 12 November 2010
- Togo has conducted 2010 Population and Housing Census. More... - Posted 12 November 2010
- Kenyan census campaign wins United Nations public relations award. More... - Posted 5 November 2010
- Zambia conducts 2010 Census of Population and Housing. More... - Posted 5 November 2010
- Argentina conducts 2010 census. More... - Posted 2 November 2010
- The field operation for the 2010 census of Japan was completed. More... - Posted 2 November 2010
- Mongolia prepares for the November 2010 population and housing census. More...
- Posted 29 October 2010
- Anguilla Population and Housing Census 2011:
- Slogan – “Anguilla Population and Housing Census 2011 - It All Adds Up”
- Jingle - More... - Posted 25 October 2010
- The United Nations Statistics Division has launched an initiative to collect from countries copies of posters and other publicity material for the 2010 round of population and housing censuses. Please see... - Posted 25 October 2010
- CAPMAS launches CensusInfo Egypt. More... - Posted 20 October 2010
-Turkey conducts the pilot study for the 2011 Population and Housing census. More...
- Posted 18 October 2010
- Cayman Islands conducts 2010 Population and Housing Census. More... - Posted 18 October 2010
- Kenya has released the results of the 2009 census. More… - Posted 1 September 2010
- Brazil conducts the 2010 census. More… - Posted 31 August 2010
- Preparations for the 2010 census of Japan are underway. More... - Posted 26 August 2010
- Anguilla has slogan for the 2011 Population and Housing Census. More... - Posted 29 July 2010
- Hong Kong conducts the pilot survey for the 2011 Population Census. More…
- Posted 23 June 2010
- Meaning of 2011 Census of India logo...... - Posted 23 June 2010
- Indonesia has conducted its census for the 2010 census round. More… - Posted 11 June 2010
- The website of the 2010 World Population and Housing Census Programme has been enhanced. More... - Posted 9 June 2010
- Bermuda conducts 2010 Census of Population and Housing. More... - Posted 1 June 2010
- The Philippines carries out the 2010 Population and Housing Census. For more information, see:
- Posted 28 May 2010
- UNSD, in collaboration with CAPMAS, has organized the Egypt National Seminar on Census Data Analysis in Cairo, Egypt from 17 to19 May 2010. More...
- Posted 26 May 2010
- The message behind the logo for the Philippines 2010 population and housing census. More… - Posted 26 May 2010
- Cayman Islands has officially launched the 2010 Population and Housing Census. More... - Posted 1 May 2010
- Post Enumeration Surveys Operational Guidelines -
The objective of the Technical Report is to provide operational guidelines for the preparation and implementation of a post enumeration survey. More... - Posted 19 April 2010
- The Handbook on Population and Housing Census Editing has been released on the website of the 2010 World Programme on Population and Housing Censuses of the UNSD. More... - Posted 13 April 2010
- More than 50 participants attended a seminar organized by UNSD on CensusInfo on Monday 22 February. More... - Posted 1 March 2010
- Press Conference on Challenges Faced by Countries Emerging from Conflicts in Conducting Census of Housing, Population (25 February 2010)
The 2010 world census program was crucial in helping countries emerging from conflict better plan national development strategies and institute democratic reform, said Paul Cheung, Director of the United Nations Statistics Division. More...
Press conference video available at: YouTube
Media coverage:Humanitarian News, ReliefWeb, TreeHugger, USA TODAY
- Posted 26 February 2010
- The CensusInfo software for census data dissemination is now accessible from the UNSD website. More... - Posted 18 February 2010
- Japan unveils the logos for the 2010 census. More... - Posted 17 February 2010
- Kyrgyzstan has published Main Social and Demographic Characteristics of Population and Number of Housing Units from the 2009 census. More… - Posted 28 January 2010
- Uganda has unveiled the 2012 census logo. More… - Posted 25 January 2010
- Ghana has unveiled the logo for the 2010 Population and Housing Census.
More… - Posted 14 January 2010
- The United States Census Bureau launches 2010 Census advertising campaign. More... - Posted 14 January 2010
- The results of the 2008 Census of Population of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK) were announced on 16 December 2009. Detailed report available at: http://unstats.un.org/unsd/demographic/sources/census/country_impl.htm
More... - Posted 7 January 2010
- Thailand is preparing for the next population and housing census which is scheduled for 1 July 2010. More... - Posted 4 January 2010