Detailed structure and explanatory notes
(Standard International Trade Classification, Rev.3)Click on any code to see more detail. Click here for top level only.
- 0 - Food and live animals
- 00 - Live animals other than animals of division 03
- 01 - Meat and meat preparations
- 02 - Dairy products and birds' eggs
- 03 - Fish (not marine mammals), crustaceans, molluscs and aquatic invertebrates, and preparations thereof
- 04 - Cereals and cereal preparations
- 05 - Vegetables and fruit
- 06 - Sugars, sugar preparations and honey
- 07 - Coffee, tea, cocoa, spices, and manufactures thereof
- 08 - Feeding stuff for animals (not including unmilled cereals)
- 09 - Miscellaneous edible products and preparations
- 1 - Beverages and tobacco
- 12 - Tobacco and tobacco manufactures
- 2 - Crude materials, inedible, except fuels
- 21 - Hides, skins and furskins, raw
- 22 - Oil-seeds and oleaginous fruits
- 23 - Crude rubber (including synthetic and reclaimed)
- 25 - Pulp and waste paper
- 26 - Textile fibres (other than wool tops and other combed wool) and their wastes (not manufactured into yarn or fabric)
- 27 - Crude fertilizers, other than those of division 56, and crude minerals (excluding coal, petroleum and precious stones)
- 28 - Metalliferous ores and metal scrap
- 29 - Crude animal and vegetable materials, n.e.s.
- 3 - Mineral fuels, lubricants and related materials
- 32 - Coal, coke and briquettes
- 33 - Petroleum, petroleum products and related materials
- 34 - Gas, natural and manufactured
- 4 - Animal and vegetable oils, fats and waxes
- 41 - Animal oils and fats
- 42 - Fixed vegetable fats and oils, crude, refined or fractionated
- 43 - Animal or vegetable fats and oils, processed; waxes of animal or vegetable origin; inedible mixtures or preparations of animal or vegetable fats or oils, n.e.s.
- 5 - Chemicals and related products, n.e.s.
- 53 - Dyeing, tanning and colouring materials
- 54 - Medicinal and pharmaceutical products
- 55 - Essential oils and resinoids and perfume materials; toilet, polishing and cleansing preparations
- 56 - Fertilizers (other than those of group 272)
- 57 - Plastics in primary forms
- 58 - Plastics in non-primary forms
- 59 - Chemical materials and products, n.e.s.
- 6 - Manufactured goods classified chiefly by material
- 61 - Leather, leather manufactures, n.e.s., and dressed furskins
- 62 - Rubber manufactures, n.e.s.
- 63 - Cork and wood manufactures (excluding furniture)
- 64 - Paper, paperboard and articles of paper pulp, of paper or of paperboard
- 65 - Textile yarn, fabrics, made-up articles, n.e.s., and related products
- 66 - Non-metallic mineral manufactures, n.e.s.
- 69 - Manufactures of metals, n.e.s.
- 7 - Machinery and transport equipment
- 71 - Power-generating machinery and equipment
- 72 - Machinery specialized for particular industries
- 73 - Metalworking machinery
- 74 - General industrial machinery and equipment, n.e.s., and machine parts, n.e.s.
- 75 - Office machines and automatic data-processing machines
- 76 - Telecommunications and sound-recording and reproducing apparatus and equipment
- 77 - Electrical machinery, apparatus and appliances, n.e.s., and electrical parts thereof (including non-electrical counterparts, n.e.s., of electrical household-type equipment)
- 78 - Road vehicles (including air-cushion vehicles)
- 79 - Other transport equipment
- 8 - Miscellaneous manufactured articles
- 81 - Prefabricated buildings; sanitary, plumbing, heating and lighting fixtures and fittings, n.e.s.
- 82 - Furniture, and parts thereof; bedding, mattresses, mattress supports, cushions and similar stuffed furnishings
- 83 - Travel goods, handbags and similar containers
- 84 - Articles of apparel and clothing accessories
- 87 - Professional, scientific and controlling instruments and apparatus, n.e.s.
- 88 - Photographic apparatus, equipment and supplies and optical goods, n.e.s.; watches and clocks
- 89 - Miscellaneous manufactured articles, n.e.s.
- 9 - Commodities and transactions not classified elsewhere in the SITC
- 91 - Postal packages not classified according to kind
- 93 - Special transactions and commodities not classified according to kind
- 96 - Coin (other than gold coin), not being legal tender
- 97 - Gold, non-monetary (excluding gold ores and concentrates)
- I - Gold, monetary
- II - Gold coin and current coin
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
Then drop us a line at CHL@un.org.