|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
COPNI code 05.1.0Structure Notes
This class includes the following NPISHs:
- Retirement homes for elderly persons, residences for disabled persons, rehabilitation centres providing long-term support for patients rather than health care and rehabilitative therapy, schools for disabled persons where the main aim is to help students overcome their disability;
- organizations that provide home-cleaning services, meal programmes, day-care centres, day-care services, holiday-care and transport services for elderly and disabled persons;
- orphanages, crèches, nurseries, play schools, day-care centres and other child-minding facilities;
- organizations that provide counselling, guidance, arbitration, fostering and adoption services for families;
- single-parent agencies and services, family violence shelters;
- organizations that provide counselling to persons who are disaster victims, victims of assault and abuse and potential suicides;
- organizations that provide temporary shelters or housing for homeless persons;
- organizations that provide long-term support for persons who are gamblers, alcohol abusers and substance abusers;
- organizations that provide cash assistance, food, clothing, shelter and other services to persons who are refugees, immigrants, destitute and low-income earners;
- organizations that seek to improve conditions in prisons, including prison visitors and social rehabilitation;
- organizations that seek to provide opportunities for economic or social development for deprived groups of persons, whether in their own country or abroad.
Click here for complete correspondences for this code.
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
Then drop us a line at CHL@un.org.