|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
COPNI code 04Structure Notes
This Division is divided into the following Groups:
This division includes the following NPISHs:
- Pre-primary and primary schools;
- secondary schools providing general, vocational or technical education;
- institutions providing post-secondary non-tertiary education;
- universities, colleges and the like providing tertiary education;
- organizations providing educational programmes not definable by level;
- parent-teacher associations;
- organizations that undertake research or other scientific studies on educational matters and trust funds and charitable foundations set up to finance such activities;
- charitable foundations that provide support for schools, colleges, universities, etc. and charitable foundations that provide bursaries and financial support for students.
Includes: schools for disabled persons where the main aim is to provide students with a general education rather than to help them to overcome their disability; night schools and educational institutes managed by trade unions and labour federations; seminaries and colleges for training priests, clerics, rabbis and other offices of religious organizations; education by radio or television broadcasting.
Excludes: crèches, play schools and other child minding facilities (05.1.0); schools for disabled persons where the main aim is to help students overcome their disability rather than to provide a general education (05.1.0).
The breakdown of educational services is based upon the level categories of the 1997 International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED-97) of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
Then drop us a line at CHL@un.org.