|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
COPNI code 02Structure Notes
This Division is divided into the following Groups:
This division includes the following NPISHs:
- General and specialized hospitals, nursing and convalescent homes, medical and maternity centres, hospices for terminally ill persons;
- surgeries, clinics, vaccination centres and dispensaries;
- rehabilitation centres where the objective is to treat patients rather than to provide long-term support;
- volunteer organizations for ambulance crews and paramedical personnel that provide emergency medical services;
- organizations that promote public health and health education;
- organizations that provide medical services to persons who are victims of wars, famines and natural catastrophes whether in their own country or abroad;
- organizations that undertake research and scientific studies on medical and health matters and trust funds or charitable organizations that finance such activities;
- charitable foundations that provide financial support for hospitals, nursing homes, surgeries, etc. and charitable foundations that provide financial support for patients.
Includes: hospitals, nursing homes, surgeries, etc. funded by religious organizations.
Excludes: residential homes for elderly or disabled persons (05.1.0); shelters for homeless persons (05.1.0).
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
You can include contact info (optional)