|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
COPNI code 02Structure Notes
This Division is divided into the following Groups:
This division includes the following NPISHs:
- General and specialized hospitals, nursing and convalescent homes, medical and maternity centres, hospices for terminally ill persons;
- surgeries, clinics, vaccination centres and dispensaries;
- rehabilitation centres where the objective is to treat patients rather than to provide long-term support;
- volunteer organizations for ambulance crews and paramedical personnel that provide emergency medical services;
- organizations that promote public health and health education;
- organizations that provide medical services to persons who are victims of wars, famines and natural catastrophes whether in their own country or abroad;
- organizations that undertake research and scientific studies on medical and health matters and trust funds or charitable organizations that finance such activities;
- charitable foundations that provide financial support for hospitals, nursing homes, surgeries, etc. and charitable foundations that provide financial support for patients.
Includes: hospitals, nursing homes, surgeries, etc. funded by religious organizations.
Excludes: residential homes for elderly or disabled persons (05.1.0); shelters for homeless persons (05.1.0).
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
Then drop us a line at CHL@un.org.