|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
COICOP code 01.1.2Structure Notes
- Fresh, chilled or frozen meat of:
- bovine animals, swine, sheep and goat;
- horse, mule, donkey, camel and the like;
- poultry (chicken, duck, goose, turkey, guinea fowl);
- hare, rabbit and game (antelope, deer, boar, pheasant, grouse, pigeon, quail, etc.);
- fresh, chilled or frozen edible offal;
- dried, salted or smoked meat and edible offal (sausages, salami, bacon, ham, pâté, etc.);
- other preserved or processed meat and meat-based preparations (canned meat, meat extracts, meat juices, meat pies, etc.).
Includes: meat and edible offal of marine mammals (seals, walruses, whales, etc.) and exotic animals (kangaroo, ostrich, alligator, etc.); animals and poultry purchased live for consumption as food.
Excludes: land and sea snails (01.1.3); lard and other edible animal fats (01.1.5); soups, broths and stocks containing meat (01.1.9).
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
Then drop us a line at CHL@un.org.