|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
COFOG code 04.7.1Structure Notes
- Administration of affairs and services concerning the distributive trade and the storage and warehousing industry;
- supervision and regulation of wholesale and retail trade (licensing, sales practices, labelling of packaged food and other goods intended for household consumption, inspection of scales and other weighing machines, etc.) and of the storage and warehousing industry (including licensing and control of government-bonded warehouses, etc.);
- administration of price control and rationing schemes operating through retailers or wholesalers regardless of the type of goods involved or intended consumer; administration and provision of food and other such subsidies to the general public;
- production and dissemination of information to the trade and to the public on prices, on the availability of goods and on other aspects of the distributive trade and the storage and warehousing industry; compilation and publication of statistics on the distributive trade and the storage and warehousing industry;
- grants, loans or subsidies to support the distributive trade and to the storage and warehousing industry.
Excludes: administration of price and other controls applied to the producer (classified according to function); food and other such subsidies applicable to particular population groups or individuals (10).
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
Then drop us a line at CHL@un.org.