|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
COFOG code 04.5.3Structure Notes
- Administration of affairs and services concerning operation, use, construction or maintenance of railway transport systems and facilities (railway roadbeds, terminals, tunnels, bridges, embankments, cuttings, etc.);
- supervision and regulation of railway users (rolling stock condition, roadbed stability, passenger safety, security of freight, etc.), of railway transport system operations (granting of franchises, approval of freight tariffs and passenger fares and of hours and frequency of service, etc.) and of railway construction and maintenance;
- construction or operation of non-enterprise-type railway transport systems and facilities;
- production and dissemination of general information, technical documentation and statistics on railway transport system operations and on railway construction activities;
- grants, loans or subsidies to support the operation, construction, maintenance or upgrading of railway transport systems and facilities.
Includes: long-line and interurban railway transport systems, urban rapid transit railway transport systems and street railway transport systems; acquisition and maintenance of rolling stock.
Excludes: grants, loans and subsidies to rolling stock manufacturers (04.4.2); construction of noise embankments, hedges and other anti-noise facilities including the resurfacing of sections of railways with noise reducing surfaces (05.3.0).
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
Then drop us a line at CHL@un.org.