|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
COFOG code 04.5.1Structure Notes
- Administration of affairs and services concerning operation, use, construction and maintenance of road transport systems and facilities (roads, bridges, tunnels, parking facilities, bus terminals, etc.);
- supervision and regulation of road users (vehicle and driver licensing, vehicle safety inspection, size and load specifications for passenger and freight road transport, regulation of hours of work of bus, coach and lorry drivers, etc.), of road transport system operations (granting of franchises, approval of freight tariffs and passenger fares and of hours and frequency of service, etc.) and of road construction and maintenance;
- construction or operation of non-enterprise-type road transport systems and facilities;
- production and dissemination of general information, technical documentation and statistics on road transport system operations and on road construction activities;
- grants, loans or subsidies to support the operation, construction, maintenance or upgrading of road transport systems and facilities.
Includes: highways, urban roads, streets, bicycle paths and footpaths.
Excludes: road traffic control (03.1.0); grants, loans and subsidies to road vehicle manufacturers (04.4.2); street cleaning (05.1.0); construction of noise embankments, hedges and other anti-noise facilities including the resurfacing of sections of urban highways with noise reducing surfaces (05.3.0); street lighting (06.4.0).
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
Then drop us a line at CHL@un.org.