Detailed structure and explanatory notes
SITC Rev.4 code 278.9Structure
- Section: 2 - Crude materials, inedible, except fuels
- Division: 27 - Crude fertilizers, other than those of Division 56, and crude minerals (excluding coal, petroleum and precious stones)
- Group: 278 - Other crude minerals
- Subgroup: 278.9 - Minerals, crude, n.e.s.
This Subgroup is divided into the following Basic headings:
- 278.91 - Chalk
- 278.92 - Natural barium sulphate (barytes); natural barium carbonate (witherite), whether or not calcined (other than barium oxide of heading 522.65)
- 278.93 - Steatite, natural, whether or not roughly trimmed or merely cut, by sawing or otherwise, into blocks or slabs of a rectangular (including square) shape; talc
- 278.94 - Natural borates and concentrates thereof, whether or not calcined, but not including borates separated from natural brine; natural boric acid containing not more than 85% of H3BO3 calculated on the dry weight
- 278.95 - Siliceous fossil meals (e.g., kieselguhr, tripolite and diatomite) and similar siliceous earths, whether or not calcined, of an apparent specific gravity of 1 or less
- 278.96 - Bituminous or oil shale and tar sands
- 278.97 - Bitumen and asphalt, natural; asphaltites and asphaltic rocks
- 278.98 - Vermiculite, perlite and chlorites, unexpanded
- 278.99 - Mineral substances, n.e.s.
No explanatory note available for this code.
Click here for complete correspondences for this code.
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
You can include contact info (optional)